Lamp ’20 Travel Advisory
We remain committed to communicating regularly regarding our participants, conference status, and health precautions.
GAMA/AALU Update on the Coronavirus, March 04, 2020:
Over the last week, COVID-19 Coronavirus has become a global topic of concern. Gov. Ron DeSantis directed State Health Officer and Surgeon General Dr. Scott Rivkees to declare a public health emergency in Florida on March 1, 2020.
What does this mean?
Under Florida law, public health emergencies can be declared when there are threats that could result in substantial harm to public health. Such threats can include infectious diseases and natural disasters. The declarations help free up government resources to focus on responding to the health situation. At this time, Florida remains open for business with careful monitoring of the situation. As of March 2, Orlando resorts and parks remain open and operational.
Our top priority remains the health and safety of all participants at LAMP ’20, including attendees, exhibitors, staff, industry partners, and others involved.
Our community members and attendees may have questions and concerns about what changes LAMP ’20 will be undertaking. We are on track and proceeding as scheduled — with some important changes to enhance safety and comfort.
LAMP ’20 will continue to follow all guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to monitor all new developments. We will continue to monitor the situation and will update this website as needed.
LAMP ’20 is:
- Carefully following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Adhering to the travel restrictions and guidance of the U.S. Department of State
- Communicating with the Gaylord Palms about their cleaning protocols
- Requesting that all attendees and exhibitors evaluate their own health and that of those they’re in close contact with. We encourage all attendees that are sick or showing symptoms of illness to stay home and contact us in regards to their registration.
- Requiring attendees and exhibitors to follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses
- Implementing a “No Handshake” policy and requiring that all attendees wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Providing sanitizers for use prior to entering all sessions
- Providing sanitizers and wipe-downs for all microphones and speaker monitors
- LAMP ’20 will have hand sanitizer readily available to all attendees through the on-site conference area
- We will also be implementing frequent wipe downs of all common touch areas including doorknobs, lecterns, microphones, escalator handrails, trash receptacles, elevators buttons, water stations, registration tables, keynote chairs, and in and around the bathroom areas
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the meeting and your registration.